Complaints and Concerns

If you have a suggestion, comment or concern relating to the service you have received then please do not hesitate to email the practice at or using the contract form

Who can raise a concern?

If this is something that has happened to you, you can raise the concern yourself. If you prefer, a carer, friend, relative, a member of the Concerns Team at the Local Health Board or your local Community Health Council (CHC) can represent you.

The CHC provides a free independent advocacy service which is able to help you, or the people acting for you, to raise a concern but you will be asked to agree to this.

How soon should I tell someone about my concern?

We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned. If your problem cannot be sorted out in this way and you wish to take the matter further, we would like you to let us know as soon as possible - ideally, within a matter of days or at most a few weeks. This will enable us to establish what happened more easily. If a long time has passed but there are good reasons for the delay, tell us anyway as we may still be able to deal with your concern.

What should I do?

Complaints should be addressed to the Practice Manager or any of the GP Partners at Bishops Road Medical Centre, 1 Bishops Road, Cardiff CF14 1LT.

What happens next?

We will:

  • let you know that we have received your concern within 2 working days;
  • ask if you have particular needs that we should be aware of in dealing with your concern;
  • investigate your concern;
  • decide with you whether we need to get specialist advice (such as a clinical opinion) or other independent help with sorting out your concern.
  • let you know what we have found and what we are going to do about it;
  • in most cases, let you have a final reply within 30 working days of the date when we first received your concern. If we can’t reply to you in that time, we will give you the reasons why and let you know when you can expect a reply. Some cases might need further investigation under the Redress Arrangements. Redress is a range of actions that can be taken to resolve a concern where the organisation might have been at fault in causing some harm. It can include a written apology and explanation of what happened, an offer of treatment/rehabilitation to help relieve the problem and/or financial compensation. If Redress may apply to your concern we will let you know what this means in more detail.

What you should do if you are still unhappy?

If your concern has been investigated by us and you are still not happy with our response, you can contact the Local Health Board Concerns Team or the Public Services Ombudsman for Wales.

Useful Contacts


NHS WalesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website